Image Map

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Tag | What Beauty Product?

The What Beauty Products Tag Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
Photo from weheartit.com and edited by myself.
Hello lovelies! Recently I've been struck by the dreaded "blogger's block" and for the life of me I couldn't seem to get a post together. After last night's #fblchat on Twitter (my username is @beautybelleamie if you didn't know!) I was on a mission to get my blogging mojo back and find a post that I would be able to write. After looking around I thought that a tag would be my best bet to get me back into the writing spirit - but I thought I would go 1 step further. Yes ladies and gentlemen I decided to actually come up with my own tag, include some random questions that I thought up and post it here on my blog. I love tag posts where you get to know what sort of products are a blogger's favourite and what ones they will turn to in a certain situation, so I based my questions off of that.

In the end I came up with the idea of a "What Beauty Product?" tag where you are put into a certain situation and asked what beauty product you would use. It's pretty simple but it's the kind of tag post that I find really fun to read and hopefully you all will too!

1. You’re about to head out for a night out with the girls. What lipstick and lip gloss combo do you put on to make yourself feel gorgeous? 
At the moment I'm really into wearing red lipsticks - the brighter the better as well! When ever I've been going out recently, I've been wearing ELF's Matte Lip Colour in Rich Red which is a perfect pillar box red shade with a matte finish. As it's matte I find that it will last me pretty much all night as it really does stay put on the lips. Instead of a lip gloss, I usually pop a bit of The Body Shop's Born Lippy in Strawberry over the top as it has a slight red tint and gives it a glossy finish.

2. You’re running late for school/ work and need to leave the house in 5 minutes! Which 3 essential makeup products do you apply for a naturally beautiful look? 
 Usually I would give myself plenty of time to get ready in the morning to avoid situations like this so for me, this would be a nightmare haha! I would definitely pop on my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes just to even out my skin tone. Then I would apply some of my Stila Angel Light face powder to give my skin a shine-free finish. Finally I would have to put on some of my Soap & Glory Thick & Fast mascara as my eyes look so bare without anything on!

3. You’re packing for a week away on holiday. What “all in one” eye shadow palette do you bring with you? 
I'm going to have to be really boring and say my Urban Decay Original Naked palette! I absolutely adore this palette as it contains a variety of shades that would have me set all week whether I wanted to create a day or night time look.

4. You’re heading to the beach on a Summer’s day and will be wearing your favourite bikini. What nail polish shade do you wear on your fingers and toes to complete the look?
In the Summer I love wearing bright nail polishes! I would probably go for a bright hot pink on my toes as that's what I usually paint them at that time of year. As for my fingers, I would go for a bright mint shade like Nails Inc's Royal Botanical Gardens.

5. You’re getting ready for a date night to a new restaurant in town. Which perfume do you pick out from your collection to impress him?
I would go for my most sophisticated yet girly scent in my collection and that would probably be Dolce & Gabbana's The One. I really do love this scent and I think it's perfect for a date night!

6. You’re spending the weekend away and you only want to pack your beauty basics. What 3 brushes/ tools do you bring to do your makeup?
I would definitely take my Real Techniques Buffing Brush as this is what I use everyday to apply my foundation. I would also take my powder brush (which could double up as a blusher brush) which is The Body Shop Face & Body brush. This brush is so lovely, it's super soft and applies pressed or loose powder perfectly! The final beauty tool I would take with me are my eye lash curlers as I think they make such a big improvement to my lashes when I use them.

7. You’ve just woken up to crazy bed hair and have no time to wash it. What hair products do you use to tame your unruly locks? 
Unfortunately, I wake up with this problem on a very regular basis haha! I would apply a small amount of Wella's SP Luxe hair oil to the ends of my hair to smooth out any frizziness and to help nourish it. I would then spray a bit of V05's Plump It Up dry shampoo to refresh my hair (trust me, it smells gorgeous!) and give it a bit of lift at the roots.

8. Your friend wants to expand her makeup collection and asks for your help. What high street product and what high end product do you recommend her to try?
The one high street makeup product I would recommend to anyone are the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons. I think adding a variety of lip colours into your collection is really important and I love the selection that Bourjois do. Plus the formula of their lip crayons is amazing and work out great value for money! As for the high end product, I would have to say any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes! I have the Original, Basics and Naked 3 and I adore them all so I would recommend her to pick out one of them.

So that's the What Beauty Product? tag. I really hope you enjoyed this tag and that you will go and answer these questions on your blog - I would love to see how all of you would respond to them! I tag every one who reads this post as it's really fun to answer.

I tag everyone to do the What Beauty Product? tag!
Please let me know in the comments if you do this tag and leave the link below! 
Belle-amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
 Bloglovin'  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Facebook YouTube

My exclusive advertiser of the month is Beauty Becky. To find out how you can advertise with me, click HERE.

19 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tag Amie, the questions are so fun!!

    Laura-Beth
    www.laurabethmakeupartist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a great tag, I'm gonna put it up on my blog on Tuesday! :)

    ChrissyLilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Let me know when it's up and I'll come and have a read! xx

      Delete
  3. This is a really fun tag. It really made me think what my answers might be!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag! Really enjoyed reading this :)

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great questions! And answers! I'm going to do this soon!

    SammiSunsWorld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your answers xx

      Delete
  6. I loved reading this TAG! Also loved taking part in it :-) Here my blog post! x

    http://whenitrainsitpours92.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tag-what-beauty-product.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking your post :) Was really nice to read! xx

      Delete
  7. I've just done the tag at www.beautyisperfection.co.uk

    Loved it!
    xo Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I really enjoyed reading your post xx

      Delete
  8. I love this tag!

    Tracey
    Saturdaynightgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tags and these are some great questions :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tag, I can relate to a lot of the scenarios and your answers! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The original Naked Palette looks so good, I wish the packaging was slightly different though. I really enjoyed reading this Amie, it's a great tag :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great tag! Creating your own is such a scary thought to most. You're so brave. ;) I might do this soon in video form, if that's okay!?

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this tag! I loved reading your answers. Definitely inspired me to to the tag over on my blog :)
    http://themikaylanicole.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-beauty-product-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Tag. Just completed over on my blog: with all rights to the creator of course ; ) x

    http://ellesbelles101.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/tag-what-beauty-product.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...