Image Map

Saturday 28 July 2012

Empties | Products I Have Used Up #1

I've been enjoying reading this new type of blog post and YouTube video as it gives you a real review of the products the person has used. Because the whole product has been used up, the opinion will be more detailed and genuine, not just 'oh yes, this is a nice product'. In this post I have 8 empties to give my honest opinion on.
Back row:
Palmolive Soft & Gentle Extra Fresh Anti-Perspirant Deodorant in Lotus & Watermelon - I really like the smell of this deodorant and definitely leaves you smelling fresh. The scent's staying power is just like a body spray so it stays on your skin for a long time. My one issue is that this isn't a very strong deodorant (i.e. you may have to reapply during the day) and if you do need a strong deodorant I wouldn't recommend this. However this works well for me and I'm already using my backup of this product!

Sure Long Lasting Protection Nutritive Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - this was the deodorant I used before my Palmolive one and I didn't fully run out of it until recently. To be honest I just used it up so I could throw it out. I'm not keen on the smell as it smells too much like an anti-perspirant for me and I prefer a nice smelling deodorant. However this product does work and keeps you dry because it's an active 48 hour deodorant. I'm not going to repurchase this as I like the Palmolive one too much!

Superdrug Dry Shampoo in Chocolate Brownie - I bought this when Superdrug's dry shampoos were 3 for £1.99, a bargain not to have been missed! I bought 2 Chocolate Brownie versions and 1 Away With The Fairies, which is an orange scented dry shampoo. I used up the orange scented one months ago because it smelt so nice. I find that the Chocolate Brownie one is far too sweet smelling and once I've used up my second one of this I am going to purchase the Away With the Fairies one instead. Also I felt that this product didn't do much for my hair. I don't have greasy hair so maybe I'm not a great person for dry shampoo but it didn't feel like it freshened my hair much. It only seemed to scent it which is why I prefer the orange version. One good thing about this product is that it's for brunettes so comes out as a brown spray, this means it leaves no white residue in your hair.

Sensodyne Gentle Whitening Toothpaste - I bought this toothpaste for when my braces came off in May because I knew my teeth would be stained. To my surprise they weren't too bad but I wanted to make my teeth whiter to boost my self confidence. Because I have really sensitive teeth as well, Sensodyne Gentle Whitening is a great product as it deals with two problems in one product. The sensitivity of my teeth has definitely been reduced since using this product and I don't think my teeth are as stained/ yellow. So overall this is a great toothpaste and I'm already using my backup!

Middle row:
Buff Your Stuff Body Scrub - this product was featured in my June Favourite's post where I talked about how good this exfoliator was. I really like this product, even though it's quite rough on your skin, it does leave your skin feeling soft afterwards. This is also a great product to use before tanning as it scrubs away all the dry skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this product in the future!

Sally Hansen Moisturising Nail Polish Remover with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera - I like this nail polish remover as it's for dry, brittle nails it gives more nutrients to help them be healthier. Plus if I use nail polish remover a lot on my nails they get extremely weak so I use ones like this with vitamins/ nutrients to reduce this affect. I've repurchased this a few times so I think it is a good, cheap nail polish remover.

Treacle Moon The Raspberry Kiss Bath and Shower Gel - I love the raspberry smell of this shower gel, it's quite sweet and fruity. It also lathers up really nicely when you use a shower puff. The label also says this is great poured into a bath for a 10 minute soak and I agree! I'm not a girl who can lay in the bath for hours, probably 20 minutes max, so a product like this that gives me a quick bubble bath is great. The bubbles even maintain the lovely raspberry scent. I already have a backup of this product and I am still loving it!

Front row:
Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau da Parfum 30ml: this perfume was featured in my Favourite Perfumes post because this is my everyday perfume. I love the spicy scent to this and is great for everyday wear. This has been my go-to scent since Christmas and I've really been enjoying it. I'm already on to my next bottle and still loving it! Definitely a great product.

Hope you found this useful!

Amie

27 comments:

  1. I love reviews like this :)I might have to get myself some Buff Your Stuff Body Scrub, it sounds really nice! xx

    http://hedgehogloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice scrub and works really well :)! xx

      Delete
  2. I love posts like this too! You can really see what people actually use all the time :)

    May have to try the superdrug dry shampoo, I spend loads on the batiste one!

    great post :)

    Georgia xx
    http://georgiabeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of the Batiste ones! I have the volumising one and it makes my hair feel so dry! maybe my hair just doesn't work well for dry shampoo :( xx

      Delete
    2. It is quite drying in general I think, I just put a tiny bit in the roots to stop it looming greasy on the day I don't wash it but I do find if I spray it through the ends aswell it feels really horrible!
      Xx

      Delete
  3. I tried the brunette Superdrug dry shampoo and really didn't like it :( It stained my bath brown when I washed my hair haha! My Mum wasn't happy. The body scrub looks like it would be really good, reminds me of Soap and Glory's packaging! :) May have to try it soon!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it didn't seem to do much which is why I may just buy the orange one because it smelt nice haha. It's great :) Definitely give it a go! xxx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Lolita Lempicka! :)

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, the scents are so lovely :) xx

      Delete
  5. such a good blog post, i love all the dirty works range! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's a great beauty line! xx

      Delete
  6. such a helpful post, definitely going to try the sensodyne toothpaste now! love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice toothpaste haha :) Thank you! xx

      Delete
  7. I love this post I came across on Twitter!
    You have such a lovely blog!

    Your new follower!

    Luceeloves.blogspot.com.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chocolate brownie shampoo sounds interesting!
    I'm a new follower, and I've linked your button too, perhaps you could link mine if you like?:)
    www.the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a good concept but I just don't think it works for my hair type! Thank you for following and linking my button :) I will put yours on here now! xx

      Delete
  9. I love the Raspberry shower gel I have used it before and dry shampoo is always a life saver if you wake up late or to put a bit of life into hair, so I can definatley see how you used up all these products. I love your blog and I'm following you now.
    sewthecity.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shower gel! Smells so good :) Thank you! xx

      Delete
  10. i love the packaging of the body scrub!! very cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has a 'soap and glory' feel to it :) xx

      Delete
  11. Ooo I am going to look at that Nail Varnish remover as mine is running out and I need a good one :) Love empties!!

    LaceyLoves>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great and cheap product :) Worth trying out! xx

      Delete
  12. Love these type of posts, I can't believe I missed three dry shampoos for £1.99
    I've never heard of the perfume but the bottle is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a while ago when I bought them but I think they did one recently too, so they're quite regular :)! xx

      Delete
  13. I love the smell of the Raspberry Kiss shower gel! It's really similar to a mroe expensive one called Shower Smoothie, but is definitely a cheaper alternative!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of the Shower Smoothies :) But it's great then if it's a cheaper alternative! xx

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...