Image Map

Friday 12 October 2012

Nails Of The Day | Stars & Glitter

Left to right: Essie 'To Buy Or Not To Buy' | Revlon 'Star' | Barry M 'Silver Glitter' | Barry M 'Hologram'
Hey everyone!
So today I have another nails of the day post! I'm going out tonight and because I can't have my nails painted very much (blame college!), I wanted to make my nails have an extra 'something' than usual.
This look is a glitter ring finger and nail tips than would be perfect for winter because of all the cool colours.

I started with a base coat from The Nail Doctor Strengthening kit (review coming soon) to prep my nails for all the polish. I then applied 2 coats of Essie's 'To Buy Or Not To Buy' which is a cool, lilac colour with blue shimmer. Then over my ring finger, I applied about 3 coats of Revlon 'Star' which is a mixture of navy and silver glitters. I then left this over night to make sure it was completely dry for the next steps. 
The next day I applied about 2 coats Barry M's 'Silver Glitter' to the ring fingers. Whilst it was still wet, I use the pointy end of an orange wood stick to pick up some of the chunkier glitters in Barry M's 'Hologram'. This makes the nail more interesting as it has different sized glitters on.
For the tips, I used Nailene Perfect Tips strips (as I am not a neat painter) and applied a coat of 'Star' and 'Silver Glitter'. I then waited for about 40 minutes and peeled the strips off. If you do it any earlier, the glitter will just peel off too. Finally I used the top coat from The Nail Doctor kit! So much nail polish haha!
I love how it turned out considering I rarely do tip colour/ glitter to my nails.

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Amie ♥

Follow on Twitter | Instagram 

36 comments:

  1. these look really pretty. love the glitter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    Love, love Revlon Star! Really pretty!
    xo

    http://booksbeautyandbeyond.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I found it in Poundland :)! xx

      Delete
  3. They look lovely, and congrats on 300 followers by the way :) xx
    I would love it if you entered my giveaway of some handmade Jewellery?

    http://rosee-petals.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/giveaway-200-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look really pretty!xx
    http://beautyisunwrittenxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really pretty, silver glitter is my favourite glitter to use x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's such a lovely nail polish xx

      Delete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous! I love how you've layered the glitters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is so cute and pretty. You have such a lovely blog - i love how you post so often!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try and post every other day, but college work gets on top of me and I have long periods of no posts haha. Trying to make up for it at the moment! Thank you :)! xx

      Delete
  8. They're really lovely. I want the Barry M 'Hologram'!

    labellavida2.blogspot.co.uk
    A.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice nail polish, but I use the orange wood stick because you only get about 3 glitters if you paint it on normally! xx

      Delete
  9. your blog is lovely! and your nails are as well haha! how do you get them so neat?! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Well the tips are done with nail strips, but the rest is free hand haha xx

      Delete
  10. Pretty. I like the pastel with the sparkle.

    cinnamon-chitchat.blogspot.ca

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look really nice. Simple and pretty :)
    shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Revlon "star" :)

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look so pretty xx

    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally going to try these for homecoming! Thanks so much!

    starsandglitter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw great :)! Hope you have a nice time xx

      Delete
  15. awww :) the color suits you perfectly :)

    one of my favorite colors :)

    i just discovered your blog aime :) and i followed you
    http://phenomenalabby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love these colours they are super sweet!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. pretty ♥♥

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the idea of these nails. Might do something similar myself :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...