Image Map

Friday 23 January 2015

Building My Urban Decay Palette

Building-My-Urban-Decay-Palette-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog

Hello my lovelies, today wanted to share an eye shadow palette with you that's currently a work in progress. Being a huge fan of Urban Decay eye shadows, last year I decided to pick up one of the "build your own" palettes from the House of Fraser's sale so that I could store my single shadows together. I'm not personally someone who will take away singular eye shadows when I go travelling as I much prefer to have everything I need in one little palette.

Urban Decay have a small range of build your own palettes available, each in different designs, sizes and some even come with a free eye shadow. I'm not entirely sure what my version is called as it's no longer available, but it has a gorgeous bright paint splatter effect on the front and has space for 6 individual shadows. It came with a free travel sized flat shader brush and there is also a large mirror that sits inside the lid of the palette which makes this a travel friendly piece to have in my collection.

Building-My-Urban-Decay-Palette-Walk-Of-Shame-Midnight-Cowgirl-Sin-Flate-Shader-Eye-Shadow-Brush-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog
Building-My-Urban-Decay-Palette-Walk-Of-Shame-Midnight-Cowgirl-Sin-Flate-Shader-Eye-Shadow-Brush-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog
Building-My-Urban-Decay-Palette-Walk-Of-Shame-Midnight-Cowgirl-Sin-Flate-Shader-Eye-Shadow-Brush-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog

One of the first single eye shadows I owned from Urban Decay was a shade called Midnight Cowgirl. Being one of the first Urban Decay shadows I'd tried, I wanted to keep it a simple and neutral shade yet at the same time something I could wear day or night. Midnight Cowgirl is a warm sand colour with shimmer, so it's neutral enough to wear daily but also has that beautiful glitter in it for an evening look. This is a really beautiful shade that doesn't get much of a mention on blogs, but this is definitely a shade I'd recommend people trying if they like a bit of shimmer!

With the build your own palette I also got the eye shadow shade Walk Of Shame for free which I was really pleased about. At this point I was using my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette religiously and Walk Of Shame had quickly become one of my favourite base shadow shades. As this shade is a light matte nude, it's the perfect colour to create a clean, natural lid that will help blend together any other shadows you apply. After using this shade all the time, I have now really hit pan on Walk Of Shame in my Basics palette so I'm glad I picked up this palette when I did! Now have I have a back up of one of my favourite eye shadows plus I remember only paying around £9 for both the palette and shadow so it was a complete bargain!

My final eye shadow in my palette is one I have used for years, my beloved Sin! This beautiful shimmery champagne is a very popular shade amongst bloggers and features in the original Naked palette. Like Walk Of Shame, I have completely hit pan on this shadow so I was super excited to have received a brand new one for Christmas to pop in my palette! Sin may look exactly the same as Midnight Cowgirl, but I find Sin is much more pink compared to Midnight Cowgirl's golden tone and both look different when on the lid. This is a beautiful shade and if you're going to try out your first ever Urban Decay eye shadow, then I would say give this one a try as it looks really flattering in any eye look!
Building-My-Urban-Decay-Palette-Walk-Of-Shame-Midnight-Cowgirl-Sin-Flate-Shader-Eye-Shadow-Swatch-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog

As you can see from the swatches (or can't see as these shades are all very light and natural - sorry!) all 3 shadows are buttery smooth and are well pigmented. I adore all of the shades in my palette and cannot wait to pick out the next 3 to complete it. What's great about these build your own palettes is that you can swap and change the shadows you put in it depending on what looks you want to create - so there's no reason for me not to buy more shadows! I would love to hear in the comments what other Urban Decay eye shadow shades you think I should add to my little palette as I would love to complete it soon.

Once I have completed this palette I'll update you all with what eye shadows I have decided to put in it! Let me know your thoughts on the 3 shadows I have already chosen and whether you own them as well. Thank you for reading today's post and I will speak to you again next week!

What are your favourite Urban Decay eye shadow shades?
Do you own one of the "build your own" eye shadow palettes?

23 comments:

  1. I didn't even know these existed and am yet to try any UD eyeshadows! I love the idea of build your own palettes and the shades in yours are gorgeous, totally my kind of shades! x

    What Rachael Wrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen many around to be honest, it's usually MAC palettes everyone's building! Definitely try out some UD shadows, I'm sure you'll love them :) xx

      Delete
  2. WHAT!? I didn't even know they did these!! I knew the little shadows had more to do than just look pretty! And the colours you've chosen are gorgeous!! I love the first and third one, I bet they look gorgeous on the eyes.
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've been round for a couple years because I remember they changed the single shadows so that they pop out of their pots. They really do, great for brightening up the eyes :) xx

      Delete
  3. These are such a cute idea! I've seen them around a few times but never bought one because I have so many other palettes to fill up but I guess getting one more couldn't hurt ;} The shadows themselves look absolutely beautiful.

    | Lizzy Fresh |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give one a go! At least you know with these palettes that you'll use all of the shades because you picked them :) So I think they're well worth the money! xx

      Delete
  4. I love UD eyeshadows. I've been wanting to build my own palette for what feels like forever. I should really do that soon.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) You can get the palette and a shadow for quite cheap too and stores usually put them on offer xx

      Delete
  5. Urban Decay do the best eyeshadows and I love how you can customise the palettes, no other brand does that and it's such a great feature!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are some of the best :) You can get MAC palettes you customise yourself, but they're a bit too expensive for me! xx

      Delete
  6. These look amazing, especially Sin! Walk of Shame looks like such a useful shade too, a bit like Blanc Type from MAC which I have in my MAC palette! I love the idea of a customisable palette - great post :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOS is a really great shade :) Perfect as a base or to use in a simple smoky eye! Thank you xx

      Delete
  7. LOVE Midnight Cowgirl. What a gorgeous champagne shade :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urban decay are just such good quality!x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Their shadows last ages and they're so pigmented! xx

      Delete
  9. I remember seeing these at the store a little while ago and wanting to try it out since this is really a great idea by Urban Decay. I'm a neutral person myself and I love the shadow colors you picked out, they're beautiful!

    Nicole | Colour Illuminates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for the neutrals too :) Need to find some more to complete the palette now! xx

      Delete
  10. I can't believe I never realized that Urban Decay had make your own palettes! So excited by this :) I also love Midnight Cowgirl, great shadow choices xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really shocked that so many people didn't realise these existed! Definitely give one a try, they're super fun to make :) xx

      Delete
  11. I never thought about building a ud pallette now I'm defo wanting one
    Www.missljbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely take a look next time you're out shopping :) xx

      Delete
  12. I was totally terrified of the build your own palettes as they always advertised them with bright sparkling colours that I avoid!! Must look into them now, you colours are fabulous x

    Bebhinn + A Judge Less Life
    ajudgelesslife.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...