Image Map

Friday 24 April 2015

Review | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Lacquers

Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Lipstick-Lip-Lacquers-So-Hap'pink-Peach-Club-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Lacquer | £8.99 each | LINK

You may have seen in my latest makeup haul that I picked up some new Bourjois lip products and over the past few weeks I've been trying them all out! I picked up a couple of the Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Lacquers as I thought they looked like the perfect lip product for Spring to create a bright and bold lip! Bourjois have recently released an Aqua range to these lacquers which give more of a glossy shine than these velvet finish ones, however I much preferred the colour range and pigmentation of the velvet ones, so that's why I picked them up!

Lip lacquers are an amazing cross between lipsticks and lip glosses and typically have super impressive staying power! I love trying different lacquers from different brands as there's so many formulas and shades available on the high street - Soap & Glory being another favourite of mine! Keep reading if you want to find out how I got on with these Bourjois editions!

Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Lipstick-Lip-Lacquers-So-Hap'pink-Peach-Club-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog
Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Lipstick-Lip-Lacquers-So-Hap'pink-Peach-Club-Applicator-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog

The 2 shades that I have are So Hap'pink which is a gorgeous bright yet dusky pink that is really flattering on the lips. It offers that bright, bold colour yet the dusky element takes that edge off of the colour making it so much easier to wear! The other shade is Peach Club which is a lovely bright coral/ peach that is totally my sort of shade for the Spring time! This shade definitely looks much more intense on the lips compared to So Hap'pink and even though it's called "Peach" I would say it sways more to the orange/ coral side.

These lip lacquers come in cute little lip gloss tubes and come with a doe-foot applicator. I find these sorts of applicators the best as they're easy to use and can reach all those small areas like the Cupid's bow and the inner corners of the lips creating a flawless finish!

Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Lipstick-Lip-Lacquers-So-Hap'pink-Peach-Club-Packaging-Applicator-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog
Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Lipstick-Lip-Lacquers-Peach-Club-So-Hap'pink-Packaging-Applicator-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog

The colour pay off of the Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Lacquers is absolutely amazing and I've been so impressed about how intense and bold they look on the lips. If you're not as confident to wear these lacquers so boldly, you can also apply a small amount to your lips with your finger as this gives a softer stain like finish that can be built up to your desired look.

Like many lip lacquers I've tried, these give your lips that semi-matte/ velvet finish which I do really like. Sometimes I don't want a glossy lip, so these little lacquers are perfect for when I want more of a matte finish! Despite the fact that they are matte, I don't find these to be uncomfortable on the lips and to be honest, I sometimes forget I'm even wearing them! The only problem with them being matte is that you need to make sure you apply a lip balm before applying them and just to keep an eye on your lips throughout the day as the matte finish can look slightly drying after a couple hours. But this is easily fixed but applying a little bit of balm over the top - I find the Body Shop Born Lippy's in Strawberry or Raspberry are really good layered over the top as they help add an extra pop of colour and shine!

Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Lipstick-Lip-Lacquers-So-Hap'pink-Peach-Club-Swatch-Belle-Amie-UK-Beauty-Fashion-Lifestyle-Blog

These lacquers honestly have some amazing staying power and will last me pretty much all day - even after eating or drinking! I've found that these will start to fade after 4-6 hours, but the colour doesn't go patchy and has more of an even wear compared to some lip products I've tried! If you want a lip product that you don't have to worry about touching up all the time then these lip lacquers will be perfect for you!

I've really been enjoying these Bourjois lip lacquers and I'm definitely thinking about trying some more shades! I might have to go back to Boots and test out the Aqua lip lacquers again and see if there's any shades from that collection I need to try. Let me know if you have any shade recommendations in the comments below!

Have you tried the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Lacquers?

16 comments:

  1. These look lovely!
    I have heard some mixed reviews of these but your swatches look great.
    Thanks for the review, I am definitely going to check these out
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love them, I currently own 4 and I'll definitely be buying more when the new shades hit our stores. I think that my favourite has to be Nude-ist :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and I've been wanting to try one for ages, I just wish they did a few more lighter/natural colours! xx

    Lipgloss & Lashes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Nude-ist and I actually really like it, I really want to try the new Aqua lip lacquers too!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have "rose on the rocks" which is lovely but i do love the pink shade you picked up x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard some mixed reviews of these but I will try them, I think I would like them in summer.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty shades! I love these everyday shades!

    Annie | DrugstoreDreamer

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty. Dangerous that Boots currently have had a 3 for 2 offer on x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not much of a lip gloss person so the velvet versions of these are my favoritie!x
    AllysDays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are stunning, and so are the shades! I recently picked up on of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets in the Shade Nudeist and I love it, the formula is amazing as well. Lovely post xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! I have one in the shade "Don't Pink About It!" but I want more, just unsure of which to buy, but the coral/orange looks good!

    Nicole | nicolelaurenblake.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. both are soo gorgeous <3 great post

    http://www.chemimakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.
    flipkart coupon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awseome article, I am a big believer in posting comments on blogs and forums to help the blog writers know that they’ve added some thing of great benefit to the world wide web! website link

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, this was a really nice post. In concept I wish to put in writing like this additionally ?taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article?however what can I say?I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done. discover this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...