Image Map

Friday 22 April 2016

Tips To Help Overcome Blogger's Block

Tips To Help Overcome Bloggers Block Belle Amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog

It may come as no surprise when I say I'm not a very consistent blogger! Like many others I sometimes find it really hard to motivate myself to pick up my camera and take some photos or open my laptop and write a post. In the past I have taken a couple of lengthy breaks from blogging as I had a case of "Blogger's Block", but in both cases I have come back to blogging as I honestly missed it so much.

I started my blog back in June 2012 (almost 4 years ago - jeepers!) and back then things were very different, both in the blogging world and my life. I had just finished Sixth Form and had the whole Summer free to do what I wanted. I could easily post everyday and as I was new to blogging, I had so many new ideas popping into my head all the time. Even after I started college the following September to study beauty therapy I still always found time to post whenever I wanted, plus as I was in the beauty field, I was always interested in talking about makeup! I also think I was super lucky when I started blogging as I received so much support in the beginning and my blog really took off. All those factors together really helped me stay in the blogging frame of mind and I don't think I ever missed a week of posting!

Move forward a few years and I am now in a full time job and a very different situation. My first break from blogging was due to a family problem which in turn lead to me moving house and being constantly busy. During this time I honestly had no interest in blogging as I was so focused on my personal life. I felt like I had a lot more responsibility so when I did have a day off, I'd much rather just chill in bed with food and Netflix! However, I really started to miss the whole blogging process; the creativity, the interaction and the fun of it all. So a couple months ago I gave myself a bit of a kick up the bum and decided to come back to blogging. I thought that I would share some tips with you today that I use to help motivate me and get me back into the mind set of blogging!

Tips To Help Overcome Bloggers Block Belle Amie UK Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Blog
 
Let's go shopping
This was actually one of the first steps that made me really want to come back to blogging. As I'd been out of the blogging loop, I wasn't quite sure what kind of new products were out there. So one day I decided to do a bit of makeup shopping and ended up swatching everything and anything! Stumbling across products I hadn't seen really intrigued me and inspired me to want to try them out and write blog posts about them! If you're in need of inspiration then maybe take a trip to Boots and just see what products are out there, swatch lipsticks to your heart's content and possibly treat yourself to a couple new products. That way you can always haul and review them, a great way to ease yourself back into blogging!

Read and comment on other blogger's posts
When I need inspiration I just turn to my Blogger or Bloglovin' feed and just see what everyone else is up to! Finding a post that really interests you is a great way to get your brain whirling for some new post ideas. I also think it's great to leave genuine comments on the posts that interest you as interacting with other bloggers is good to boost your confidence with writing again. A similar place to look is Instagram - if I need photography inspiration then this is an amazing place to find it!

Pretty stationary
It's definitely a "blogger" thing to love cute stationary. I for one have countless notebooks, novelty pens and other bits and bobs I like to use for writing endless lists and notes. It's always a great idea just to keep a little note pad in your handbag for when you want to jot down post ideas you randomly get during the day. I feel like if my stationary looks pretty then I'll more likely use it regularly and hopefully help my blogger's block! My personal favourite places for pieces like this are Paperchase, Tiger and places like TK Maxx or The Range!

Get ready for the day
This is definitely one of the best tips to help motivate myself for the day. Let's be honest, even though it's great to sit around in PJs all day with no makeup and bed hair, I always feel like I'm not "ready" and could easily slip back into bed. If I'm feeling tired but need to blog, then I'll get up a bit early and have a shower, do my makeup and hair and put on some proper clothes - typically jeans as I don't find them too comfy haha! Then because I feel ready for the day, I feel more motivated to write and get my post done.

Blog for you and do what makes you happy!
My final tip is to literally write and blog for you. Write what ever makes you happy and what ever it is you want to share with the world. Don't think "oh, but that might not get as many views as this other post" - do what you want to do! This is one that kind of got to me a few months ago, I would put off writing posts that I personally wanted to share and instead wrote ones I thought readers would rather see. Blogging is all about passion and if you're not passionate about what you're writing then it makes the whole experience not as enjoyable. I recommend just writing what you want and have fun along the way - don't worry about what other people think!

I'm sorry that this turned into such a lengthy posts, I honestly didn't mean for it to haha! I hope you enjoyed reading my tips and tricks for beating Blogger's Block. I would love to hear what other tips you guys have so let me know in the comments!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I'll speak to you again next week!

What are your tips for overcoming Blogger's Block?

8 comments:

  1. Haha I think that is so true what you said about stationary. I love cute stationary bits. My husband asks me why I need so much notebooks, pens, stickers and notecards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post! It's ever so helpful as well. I agree with your point about shopping. Whenever I go shopping, whether I've been reading up many beauty reviews during that time or not, I always end up going out with bright swatches all over my hand and a carrier bag full of products! I have no shame haha! I also agree that you should blog because it makes you happy, because otherwise, what's the actual point?

    Jade xx | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate with your post. Last year I was doing so well with my blog, but I got a full time job and things got really busy and it made it hard to blog. But like you, I missed blogging so I decided to start up again and I hope I can keep finding inspiration to keep writing. Love the post. Have a nice day.
    http://love-pink-forever09.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful post! Good to read something I can relate to and seems like our tricks ti get over it are also very similar. Stationery helps a ton, even if I schedule a post for a certain day and still don't get around doing it, it still motivates and gets into mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed reading this post! Often I'll worry about maybe not getting as many views if I do a slightly different post, but then I try and remember that my blog is about the things I like and I started writing it for that reason, rather than to get lots of views! New stationary is always a great idea too! <3

    Emma xo // http://www.thewallflowerwardrobe.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these sure would help. Love the posts and it was very informative.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post! I think it's great to have a lil break but come back with more inspo <3

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this creativity, the interaction and the fun of it all.
    airport parking Stansted

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting. I love reading your comments and will try to reply to everyone's questions. If you have any questions you want to ask me directly, tweet me @beautybelleamie or e-mail me at belle-amiebeauty@hotmail.com ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...